AIA-West Virginia is the only organization representing the interest of architects in West Virginia. We actively promote and use the expertise of our members to influence and shape policies and legislation affecting the design environment. Throughout our history, we have had a strong advocacy voice on a wide range of issues including community planning, housing sustainability, building codes and rules, project delivery, green building design, and historic preservation.
Architects care about the places they live and have the knowledge and tools to make a difference. Make your voice heard on issues affecting the build environment, our profession, our communities and our practices through these easy steps:
- Get to know your state senators and delegates, as well as other located elected officials. To confirm your elected officials, visit: www.legis.state.wv.us.
- Visit your lawmakers to discuss AIA-WV’s key issues throughout the year. For an overview of key legislative positions, click here. Be prepared to tell your story of real life experiences and solutions to issues.
- Stay informed of laws that impact your practice. At the national level, visit the AIA Advocacy Center.
- Respond immediately to legislative alerts.
- Participate in the annual AIA Lobby Day at the State Capitol.
- Attend candidate meet and greet events in your district.
- Participate and invest in ArchiPAC. Online.