AIA West Virginia chapter may award special honors to individuals and/or member firms.
- AIA West Virginia awards Honor and Merit awards to member firms and/or chapter individuals for Excellence in Architecture and Achievement in Architecture at the Annual Design Award Gala and Scholarship Benefit.
- The highest award AIAWV presents to an architect member is the James Montgomery Award.
- Currently our chapter has a list of architect members that have been elevated to the College of Fellows (FAIA) by the American Institute of Architects.
- Other State components of the AIA can bestow Honorary AIA membership on individuals of our component.
- AIA West Virginia awards up to $15,000.00 annually to a deserving student(s) pursuing a career in architecture. The chapter receives $1000.00 from National AIA to support this amount.
- In 2007 The West Virginia Foundation for Architecture was created. It’s mission statement is “Improving Quality of Life Through Architecture”.